Facts and Figures
- The Port is approximately six miles long from Columbia River mile 72 to mile 77.
- Over 100,000 rail cars arrive at Port of Kalama each year.
- Approximately 15 million TONS (not bushels) of grain are exported from Port of Kalama each year. (These are short tons = 2,000 lbs)
- Soybeans, corn and wheat are exported from grain facilities at the Port of Kalama. These products come from many states including Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, North and South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- Approximately 1,400 employees are employed by businesses on the Port.
- The Port chooses not to collect any property tax.