The new website showcases Kalama from its available industrial properties to recreational opportunities, business news, history and all points between
KALAMA, WASHINGTON (PRWEB) JUNE 11, 2015
The Port of Kalama this week launches a new website to enhance its showcase of available industrial properties, news, events, public recreational opportunities and comprehensive public information about the Port’s contributions to the region. With a recent stream of new businesses locating at the Port and the opening of the new Haydu Park coming in July, Port officials wanted to provide additional at-the-fingertip access to information for both business and the local community.
New site reports Port news as it happens
The last year Port of Kalama has seen remarkable growth and business successes and now those stories will be available at one resource. Recent news at the Port of Kalama can be found at http://www.PortofKalama.com:
- Temco completed a $200 million renovation of their grain elevator;
- The Port managed the construction of new Administrative Offices and Interpretive Center;
- The Port also began construction of Haydu Park, baseball, soccer, tennis courts, basketball courts and expo area – the first phase of development at the recently annexed East Port;
- Infrastructure development underway for multi-use Spencer Creek Business Center for a mix of light industrial, office, commercial and retail uses;
- The Port completed an agreement with Northwest Innovation Works to build a $1.8 billion natural gas to methanol conversion facility that is expected to create approximately 200 new jobs when completed;
- Companies like Depin Inc., Rainier Truck and Trailer and Christiansen Enterprises move into industrial facilities.
“This new site really enhances our ability to communicate with both businesses and our local community, which is a key component of our public information strategy,” says Randy Sweet, president, Port of Kalama Board of Commissioners. “We think businesses will find all of the information they need about our location, properties, amenities, incentives and more, while the general public will find information about parks, the marina and recreational opportunities. The site helps to fulfill our mission as a public organization.”